Featured Image Credit: Thinkstock
Business Insider recently did a piece on “10 places in the US where young people are happy, rents are affordable, and jobs are plentiful,” and you know who made it on the list? Charleston!
Another list? We’ll take it!
Rent in cities like New York, Boston, and Washington D.C can be up to $2,200 for a 300 square foot apartment. That is completely insane. These cities are just straight up unaffordable for millennials.
Cities in the Midwest and South, however, offer affordable housing, stable and well-paying jobs, and a good quality of life, according to Business Insider.
That information came from a recent study by Apartment List, which evaluated the housing and job markets of popular US metro areas, as well as the satisfaction of residents there, to discover the best places for millennials to live. They based their findings off affordability, jobs, and livability.
Charleston came in at #6 on the list with a median income of$34,970 and a median rent price of $1,134. Coming in at #1 is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with a median income of $36,870 and a median rent price of $837.
And because we just LOVE to toot our own horn, here are some other lists we made in 2017:
- Charleston named #1 city in the country by Travel & Leisure
- Charleston named #2 city in the world by Travel & Leisure
- MUSC named the Best Hospital in South Carolina by U.S. News & World Report
- Charleston named “The South’s Best City of 2017” by Southern Living Magazine
- Charleston named #6 in America’s Top 20 Beach Towns To Live in by WalletHub
- Charleston named #8 in Best Places To Retire by GetRichSlowly